Saturday, June 18, 2011

Plus ça change...

The title refers to the recent font change which (depending on your browser) you may or may not have noticed. I used @font-face CSS scripting; it temporarily overrides the original font used by Blogspot. So far it seems to work fine for IE 8 and Opera 11, and given compatibility research I've done this should mean that if you are using IE 4-8, Opera 10.5 [EDIT: or later], or recent versions of Chrome and Safari, you should be seeing the new font.

I have IE9 on another machine, and the font is NOT loading there. So IE9 and (maybe) Firefox might not be loading the new font. I will fix it for IE9, considering that pretty much everyone uses Internet Explorer and sooner or later IE9 or its successors will have a large adoption rate.

But anyway, a large piece of the blog's future style is now integrated and operational. Now I just have to find a decent background picture and we are all set for prime time.

No comments:

Post a Comment